Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Oliver is 4 Months!


What a goofball.  Loves making silly faces. The right one is what we call "his fat boy face"

Reaches for that camera... one expensive toy eh?

Such a HAPPY boy!

Just want to kiss those cheeks!

I can't believe Oliver is growing so fast.  He is getting cuter and cuter everyday.  When he looks at me with those cute little blue eyes and flashes that gummy grin, my heart just melts! I love cute little newborns, but I have to say, I like that Ollie is able to do more.  It makes the days more fun when I can interact with him and do things with him.  Also, he is generally just a lot happier now than he use to be, which makes momma happy :).

Little Ollie continues to smile and laugh lots.  He still babbles, but mostly a gargly, throaty babble, especially when he is tired. He loves watching me clap my hands and will grab my hands and help me clap.  He is discovering his feet and when his legs are up he tips over to one side (I think rolling over is in his near future).  He can also sit up with some minor assistance, but if I let go he usually dives head first into the ground, so I have to be careful.  Grandma Lundin got Ollie a little Jumper that goes in the doorway.  The only place in the house that fits it is our closet, so while I get ready for the day and do laundry I put him in the jumper.  He hasn't grasped the concept of using his legs to bounce yet, but he'll get there soon.
Ollie in his Jumper

Ollie also has continued to do the "DUCK FACE".  That is his concentrating face. I wonder if he is going to do that when he is older, for his sake I hope not--It's cute now but may not be later! ;)



Oliver still has to be swaddled when he sleeps.  I tried letting him sleep without it one night, and he woke me up WAY too much.  Because it is SO hotttt and we can't afford to crank the A/C, my mom bought Ollie a swaddle strap.  It keeps his arms down, but doesn't cover his whole body.  My dad calls swaddling "torture" and whenever he sees Ollie swaddled he say "poor little guy, he's all tied up".

Step 1: Sleepy Baby
Step 2: BIG STRETCH....free arms!!
ONE ARM STILL FREEE!!!!! Hurry Rub the Eye!
Ok, Can finally sleep

Ollie is learning to stand up with our help and has such strong legs:

Being 4 months old also means SHOTS.  I was dreading them all day.  Took him to the Dr and found he is still in the 97th percentile for height, weight, and head circumference. He is 17 pounds 13 ounces, 28 inches long, and his head is 45 cm around.  He is a big boy.  The pediatrician asked if I was feeding him anything else besides breast milk, and I said no.  He said "WOW  Way to go!  You are feeding him well!" He also said sometimes bigger babies take a little longer to do things than smaller babies because they have so much extra weight, so that might explain why he has such a hard time lifting his head for tummy time.

My baby boy got his shots and it made him jump!  I felt so bad for him.  He did ok the rest of the day, not being too fussy.  The area of the shot was very tender! One of his legs hurt so bad, he wouldn't nurse on the one side because he didn't want to put pressure on the shot area.  He woke in the middle of the night with a fever and was very fussy.  I could tell he was feeling so sick.  The whole next day, I just cuddled with him and gave him LOTS and LOTS of grape baby tylenol, so much that at the end of the day he refused to take any more medicine--he would spit it out! The fever got up to 101 even with the tylenol, but luckily it went away within 24 hours.  I can't STAND seeing my baby sick, it makes my heart ache!  Ollie was a trooper though.
Poor Ollie with his little bandaids over his shot sites.

No comments:

Post a Comment