Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Just Livin' the Good LIfe

Ollie got in his first "quarrel" over a toy.  I don't think he totally knew what was going on, but it was funny.  During swim lessons they put the babies on a floating mat to do tummy time and they get to look at each other and play with toys.  Well Ollie was awfully keen on this neon orange squid thing.  This other baby had a yellow one and wanted Ollie's orange squid.  The little boy kept swatting and grabbing at Ollie's squid, but Ollie had an IRON GRIP on it.  He was just staring at the baby like "what are you trying to do?" Good ole Ollie did not give in, he held onto that toy with his life.  Good job Ollie.

I had something funny happen to me this week.  On Thursday after Ollie's swim lessons, I went to Walmart to do some Price Matching.  Before we went in I was feeding him in the car.  All of a sudden our trunk opens. It scared the HECK out of me!  I jumped so high and for a second all these scary thoughts were running through my head, "oh no, i'm going to turn around and someone is going to have a gun pointed at my head" "Why didn't I lock the car while I was in here?" "Maybe I can make a run for it".  I caught a glimpse through my side mirror and saw a Disney's Cars umbrella (it was raining).  Seeing that gave me the courage to turn around, I don't think any bad guy would be walking around with a Cars umbrella.  So I turn around and see this lady starting to load up my car with her groceries.  "Uh, I think you have the wrong car".  She jumps and says "OH MY GOODNESS, I was wondering when I got scratches on my bumper!"  So she apologizes and goes to her car, meanwhile my heart is still pounding.  I'm such a scaredy cat.  I alway think of worse possible situations, but I guess that is a good thing because if it ever is the worse possible situation that occurs, I will be ready for it and already have attempted to make a plan in my head on what to do.  My main concern is protecting Ollie :).

I went to library time today and he was sitting (with my assistance) next to a 10 month old.  The mom couldn't believe Ollie was only 5 months because he was bigger than that 10 month old and much longer, including his feet!
His feet are almost hanging off his baby carseat! And these are the adorable shorts Lance sent Ollie.  I love them!
So this week I found a recipe for homemade corn dogs. I didn't know if they would be good or not, but they were super easy and super delicious!  I liked that I can make them with less preservatives and with nitrate free hot dogs.  Even though they're fried, at least they have more pure ingredients.  I'm going to try to figure out how to freeze them and then I can have them for a snack when Ollie is older.


Every 6-12 months they have this event where people in the community bring kid stuff and they sell it for way cheap.  Well Saturday was the last day and most everything was half off.  I went when I was pregnant and found some cute Sunday outfits for Ollie, so I thought I would go check out what they have.  Here are the goods I found, I got this all for $10:
2 Sunday outfits in different sizes, 2 sleepers (because right now he only has one) and 3 bath towels (right now he only has 1). All for $10.  I thought it was a good deal!

This week was Ollie's first time riding in a cart.  He did pretty good!  We just held his hands to the cart and it kept him steady enough.  I think he liked being able to look around instead of being stuck in his carseat.





Tough Guys!

Ok, so I was at the grocery store and saw these delicious chocolate bars.  Well since we can't leave Ollie and go on dates yet, I had the thought that we could have a date night at our house.  The activity: Taste Testing.  I plan to do this with more products in the future because we had a lot of fun.  We had to close our eyes and try each of these candy bars.  We gave each other 3 tries and the best 2 out of 3 won.  It was funny to see what we thought each candy bar was and sometimes we were totally wrong!


And the winner is:
CADBURY! It was delicious!
My sister Elizabeth is officially gone, off to the Mexico MTC.  She will be missed.  It was very emotional saying goodbye!

Our roof has finally been worked on! It took forever to get a roofing company to come out.  The cool thing is that our insurance cuts us a check at the beginning and tells us to find our own company.  They told me if we can get a quote for less, that we can pocket the rest!  We found a company that comes well recommended that would do it for thousands less.  I honestly take this as another tender mercy from Heavenly Father to provide for us.  We have had a lot of expenses with applying to dental school (it isn't cheap) and the Lord provides!  Another testimony for me of paying our tithing.  Things always work out!  On Friday they came and tarred our roof and it smelt like tar for days in our house.  They had to turn off our A/C and it smelt bad, so Ollie and I went and hung out at Dave's work with him while he cleaned and waited for a package.  It was much cooler over there than we keep our house at! It was nice :).   

No comments:

Post a Comment