Friday, August 9, 2013

Oliver is 5 Months! Our Gerber Baby!

Oliver is growing like a weed.  Seriously.  I feel like I am carrying around a sack of potatoes.  But he is definitely making his Momma nice and buff!  We have heard from a lot of people that Oliver looks like the Gerber baby.  So I looked up what the Gerber baby looks like, what do you think?


Minus the lower hairline, hair wings on the side and super luscious eyelashes I would say there are lots of similarities!  We love our cute little gerber baby!

Well no doctor visit this month (THANK GOODNESS--no shots!), but that means we don't have any stats on our little one.  Like I said, just know he is still long, heavy, and has a big head.  If he gets my height and Dave's muscle, our little guy may grow to be a super athlete!  I want him to get in to tennis, and Dave wants him to get in to baseball.  We also thought it would be cool if he was good at Volleyball or Gymnastics.  But I guess we shall see!

Get ready for the obsessive momma photo shoot of Ollie.  I just can't stop clicking that camera!















Some new recent happenings from our little 5 month old. He puts EVERYTHING in his mouth (or at least tries).  A lot of times just his hands make it into his mouth while holding an object. He rolled over for the FIRST time yesterday (8/7/13).  I was making him have some tummy time, which usually he lasts about 3 minutes or so.  I was looking at my phone and not really paying attention and then all of a sudden I look up and he is half way over and flips on his back!  I've tried to get him to do it again, but alas, hasn't happened.  I was so excited though!  I love watching my big boy learn new tricks!  

He also has begun to experience the lifetime enjoyment and pleasure of eating food!  Granted, it is just rice cereal.  But it is exciting!  I love food, and I rarely cook the same thing twice (unless it is our few favorite staples).  So he better not be picky, or he is going to starve.  He did really good eating the cereal.  The first bite he made the funniest face, but after that you could tell he wanted more.  He even got super excited and proud of himself after the first bite and started chuckling and flailing his arms everywhere.  It was super cute.  He started reaching for the spoon at times and opening his mouth ready for a big bite.  He didn't eat a ton the first day, but the second day he finished what I had.  He always has been a good nurser, so I'm sure he will be a good eater too :).  I enjoy experiencing this with him!  And i'm excited now Daddy can share in the feeding experience with Ollie. 








Here Ollie is showing off how flexible he is.

Ollie's "Good Morning" Face!

Old Man Ollie in his Rocking Chair
Ok so on Saturday, Dave has the fun idea to go check out a splash pad the is near our house.  Basically it has water squirting out of the ground and it is a fun way to run around and get wet.  Maybe Oliver is a little young for this, but he still enjoyed getting out and playing in the water (after the initial shock of squirt gun like water spraying him in the face).  Another thing Dave and I realized, that this is a free wash up station for homeless people! How nice.






Ollie was in this position at church during Sunday School.  For the longest time he has his hands on the pew in front of us and was STARING down the teacher who was right in front of us. Then in the last picture he decided Sunday School is boring and he wants to go to nursery where they play with toys and have snacks :).


When Mimi and Papi (Grandma Melanie and Grandpa Larry) and Brooke were visiting last weekend, we went on lots of walks (as usual).  We had to act as barricades in front of Ollie so the sun wouldn't blind him.  My mom decided he needed sunglasses and we went on Amazon and found these little gems.  Here Ollie is showing off his glasses to the camera.  The top middle one is his model face.


I can't help it, every time I see him in these glasses I laugh. It is just toooo funny.  But he is a good sport.  I put them on him and he only swatted at them once and was cool with them.




In this picture he is showing how the sun can be on his face, and he doesn't even care. This boy is just too cool ;).  On our walk we often pass by a lady and daughter who are walking to the bus, and the lady just started busting up laughing when she saw Ollie and said "SOO CUTE!!!"  You just can't help it.  You just have to laugh. He wore them the whole time and didn't even cry.  Good Sport.

I can't express how much I love this little guy!  If I counted the amount of kisses I give him everyday, the number would be ridiculously high!  I just can't help it, he is my little blessing and I am so grateful I get to be his mommy.

1 comment:

  1. Cute pics Brit! And I love those sunglasses. Way to roll Ollie!

    ReplyDelete