Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The Fun Little Activities We Attend...

We attended a baby fair where they had a bunch of booths and such.  We found these little cute onesies that we thought were funny.  This is for Julie and Lizzy and then Cameron and Jake.  They just need to put this on Ollie and walk around and they will be chick magnets.  :)  The shirts say I Heart My Uncle and Aunt and *Contact Info Available Upon Request.  Uncle:  cool, hip, funny, successful, hot, generous.  Aunt:  amazing, smart, funny, stunning, generous.





Above is a picture of Ollie in some of the cars they had at the baby fair to look at.  He was ready to go. Taking after his cousin Trent *Honk Honk


We just can't help taking pics of Ollie in church.  (usually during sunday school).  He loves playing with the pew in front of us.  Here he is hanging on for dear life ;)

Another picture we took at church is of Ollie with his little friend Trinity.  She is about 2 months here and Ollie is 5 months.  Quite a difference is size!



 Ollie is quite the gymnast.  Here he is balancing on one foot!  Go Ollie!



A visit to a Bookmans Sporting Goods Store just to look around.  Ollie is impersonating Huckleberry Finn here!


 We found another splash pad here in Tucson.  This one was a LOT more busy with kids running every which way!  There were some areas with buckets that fill up and then pour out the water on whoever is beneath them.  We just got there and Dave was walking under one of those and that water came down fast and hard!  I think it scared Ollie, and the water was cold.  Eventually Ollie started to like running through the water, it just took a little while.  The splash pads are a fun little summer activity to do.






Along the lines of swimming, Ollie has been doing so well in his swim class!  The whole time we have been going, we work on this exercise to prepare them to go under water:  We hold a little bucket that has holes in it and say 1-2-3 UP DOWN (moving our body up then down) and then we say UNDER and we put the water on his head.  He has learned through this exercise that when I count 1-2-3 and he feels my body go up then down he knows he has to close his eyes and close his mouth.  He has been doing really well lately so I decided it was time for him to go under water.  The instructor held him and I gave the cues and he closed his eyes just right and she dove him into the water and out into my arms.  Granted, he was just under a little bit.  Half his head was sticking out still.  But I was so proud.  He came up and didn't choke or anything.  He just seemed totally fine.  Such a cute little swimmer!

Poor Ollie taking after his momma already.  I've always battled with acne.  Here is Ollie's first juicy pimple.  It took all our self control to not pop it for him.  So someday Ollie I will show you this picture and you can see that you got your first pimple when you were 5 months old!  Congratulations ;).



On our daily morning walks, Ollie usually zones out a little.  But this day he was REALLY zoned out. I noticed he hadn't moved in a long time so I peek around to see if he was sleeping.  He had his little piece of giraffe fabric just sitting partially in his open mouth.  He moved just enough to look up at me.  It made me laugh.




Poor Ollie didn't want his picture taken. Oh well.  I had to get a picture of his sweet U of A shirt and toy that he got as a prize for participating in a U of A psychology study.  The graduate student that worked with him was so sweet.  She held Ollie while I filled out a form.  Ollie kept looking at me over her shoulder with this timid frown like "why is she taking me away from my mom?"  It was the first of Stranger Danger i've seen from him.  It was kind of endearing. For the study he has to sit on my lap in a dark room and stare and a screen as the image changed and the lady talked to him thru a speaker.  They didn't want me influencing him so I had to wear ear phones and a visor so I could only see him.  He kept looking up at me for reassurance and then would stare at the screen again.  It was cute to see him at work :).  He did a good job though.  Very Cooperative.
I think Ollie looks good in red!



Ollie's new FAVORITE thing is this jumper.  He gets his little legs going and can catch a LOT of air!  He babbles and squeals while in that chair.  It is cute! It is probably the only toy we have that keeps his attention for more than 15 minutes.

Here Ollie and I were playing on the bed.  Decided to take some selfies.


So I decided to organize a girls night at my house.  I just needed it.  Sometimes doing the same thing day in and day out just gets monotonous.  So I went on facebook and sent a message to about 7 girls in my ward and asked if they would be interested.  They all seemed excited about it.  So I told them I would make chocolate fondue and asked them to all bring something to dip in it.  I also told them to bring a deck of cards because we got our NERTZ on!  We had SO MUCH SWEETS.  Our table was full of marshmallows, strawberries, bananas, pretzels, shortbread, sticky buns, watermelon (not for dipping :), figs, and apples.  It was delicious.  We had six ladies come, but 2 had to leave early because they had babies at home.  Luckily Ollie went to sleep before everyone got there.  We had so much fun and plan to do it again soon.  We spent about 1 1/2 hour talking and eating fondue.  Then started nertz at like 8:30 or so.  Then we played until 10:30!  It was a late night, but so fun! I am so happy to have gotten to know a few really amazing ladies in my ward.


It has been about 5 months since I have been to the temple.  (Longest i've gone since I got married.)  We went down to Thatcher to see the fam and Julie came down from Gilbert.  We took advantage of free babysitting from grandma and went to an endowment session. I fed Ollie and then put him down for a nap and then took off. He is usually happiest after a nap and in the mid morning/early afternoon. So I hoped he would be good for Kathy.  I left a bottle just in case, but he didn't take it of course. The temple was packed!  I think there were 2 wards there.  So we waited a long time before they fit everyone in.  I was scared we weren't going to get to participate.  There was a new movie in the session which was really neat to watch. I learned knew things from watching it.  We got home and Kathy was rocking Ollie and he was almost asleep.  I picked him up and in seconds he crashed on my shoulder.  Everything went well.  He got a little fussy toward the end, but i'm happy it all worked out because now we can go to the temple more often.

Julie brought her ZUMBA Wii Game and her, Kathy and I had a grand ole time shaking our hips.  We did a 60 minute work out.  Toward the end I was beat! The nice thing is I am feeling more healthy and back to how I used to be the more I exercise. I wish I lived closer to them, I would try to ZUMBA with them often!

I also got to see my awesome friend Katie.  We went out to lunch on Monday during her lunch break.  We went to a little Mexican shack in Pima and it was really good (and cheap:).  I think I might try that place again!

Before we went to Thatcher, Dave had to clean the dental office her works for.  Ollie and I went with him and hung out.  I had a little fun with Oliver....
DR OLLIE IS READY TO SEE YOU!

2 comments:

  1. Cute post Brit! I love little Ollie sitting in the dentist chair. That is awesome! I'm glad you got to go to the temple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ollie is so cute! Love all the pics. Hey call me up if you guys want to go to the temple, I'll totally watch Ollie! And I'm right on the way! :)

    ReplyDelete