Sunday, July 7, 2013

Darn Roof..

Ok Can I just say, I HATE OLD HOMES.  It has been one thing after another with this old Triplex we have.  It seems that every month there is something that costs money and that needs to be fixed.  But, I guess I can't complain because we only pay about $165 or so toward our mortgage.  SO I guess it all evens out:  the money we spend on repairs compared to the money we save on not having to pay much rent.  But anyway, yea the first monsoon of the year hit, we were listening to the wind howling outside. We were sitting on our bed playing with Oliver and we hear a huge THUD.  I look out the window and what do I see?  Our roof on the ground yipee.  Unfortunately the wood underneath got wet from the rain, so Dave ran to home depot and called the Elders Quorum president who called like 4 guys to come help. They came within 30 minutes.  We were so grateful.  They showed such compassion and charity.  I'm going to be making a big batch of something yummy and bring it by their houses soon.

It was a really busy week.  Our roof blew off on Monday, the insurance guy came Tuesday night, I called around Wednesday trying to get some roofers to come give us a quote.  I called like 4 companies and only one has come so far, and we still don't have a quote from him.  

We had a tar coated plastic roof.  It completely got ripped off.



                     I had to snap a picture of our awesome ward members at work :).

No comments:

Post a Comment